I am working on an April Arm Challenge!
Why arms? I live in Florida – summer here brings out one style of clothing … sleeveless.
April Arm Challenge
Why just “arms”.
First – when I look at overall health and pounds I get easily overwhelmed. I haven’t had much success because I am one of those: it’s too hard, I can’t see the end, why bother types.
Wanna brainstorm and come up with plans – I’m your girl. Wanna see something to the end – you need to find someone else. I’ve realized I do better with little chunks and focusing on small targets.
What do I hope to accomplish?
- tone up my flabby non-existent triceps. <~ main goal !! loose overall arm inches. (I’m currently 13″ around bicep – did you just faint? - my husband is 14″ but he’s all muscle)
- be able to do chin-ups. (one. one chin up – no cheating)
- regularly use the new-to-me bench a friend gifted me.
- hold a plank for 2 minutes w/o shaking. (I realize this is core too)
- create a new healthy habit of lifting.
How am I doing it?
Basic arm exercises! I’m not downloading an app, using a dvd, telling you to buy one, or what not. I’m just going to focus on a few basic tried and true arm exercises the whole month. Of course – I’m eating cleaner and drinking more water too.
Do I think it only takes 30 days to get awesome arm muscles?
Nope, but I think it’s a great time to start a good habit! Why not at least try?!
Do you have a healthy fitness goal this month?
You can follow me on Instagram to see the long progress toward strong!